It may sound hard to do, but we will provide simple instructions listed on XDA Developers website. Be sure to check them out! They have tons of great hacks and a forum for discussion. We here at Android Critics will also provide updates on what’s going on over there!
To the news. If you’ve seen first handedly, how great the camera really is on the Nexus 4, you’d be wondering, why do I need to upgrade it? Well, why not? When it’s as easy as this, there really is no point not to.
- Using a file browser (like root explorer/es file explorer etc) go to the /system/etc folder
- Make sure your system is mounted RW
- Search for the media_profiles.xml file and open it up in any text editor
- Once you scroll down you will see the following:Code:<EncoderProfile quality="1080p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30"> <Video codec="h264" bitRate="12000000" width="1920" height="1080" frameRate="30" /> <Audio codec="aac" bitRate="96000" sampleRate="48000" channels="1" /> </EncoderProfile>
- Change the bitRate from 12000000 to 20000000
- Save and reboot.
Note: You need a rooted Nexus 4 and an unlocked bootloader. We have tutorials for both on our youtube which is on the right of your screen.
12mbps? Why not 20mbps? Dramatic increase, and easy to install. Nothing wrong there.
Have you tried out the stock camera on the Nexus 4? What about the hack? Tell us what you think in the comments section below!
Thanks for reading our post, Nexus 4 Mod Increases Bit Rate of Videos to 20 million! Be sure to stay tuned to AndroidCritics.com for the latest on News, Reviews, ROM’s, and more!