How To Upgrade LG G2X P999 To Android 4.1.1 Through CM10!
Originally, the LG G2X was running Android 2.2 Froyo and received a carrier update after to 2.3 Gingerbread which is always nice, but neither Jelly Bean or Ice Cream Sandwich have arrived to this device. All hope is not lost though, as popular firmware team Cyanogenmod have released a decent Jelly Bean build for T-Mobile’s P999 LG G2X device. Please remember though, that this is still a quite new firmware which hasn’t thoroughly been tested and as such, there are still a few bugs. Consider these things before flashing this ROM as your daily driver. If you are fine with this, please flash this ROM and tell us what you think!
Still In Progress
- Project Butter
- Video playback
- Hardware acceleration
- Transfer the files from your computer to device (remember where they are!)
- Remove the USB cable
- Boot into recovery mode by holding volume up, home button, and power button
- Wipe all user data and cache
- Navigate to Install Zip > Install Zip from Internal SD card > Navigate to where you downloaded the rom file > Select
- Navigate to Install Zip > Install Zip from Internal SD card > Navigate to where you downloaded the Google apps file > Select
- Your done! Reboot and enjoy
Thanks for reading our post: How To Upgrade LG G2X P999 To Android 4.1.1 Through CM10! Stay tuned to androidcritics.com for the latest in Android news, reviews, and more!