Update Samsung Galaxy S3 To Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
This tutorial is exclusively brought to you by AndroidCritics on Youtube visit youtube.com/androidcritics for the latest news,reviews, and more for your android device.
Earlier this week, we were notified that jelly bean would come to the S3 in mid September. This tutorial will show you how to get the official leaked android 4.1.1 jelly bean on the samsung galaxy s3 i9300. This is only compatible with the galaxy s3 i9300 and not any other version of the galaxy s3.
We know that lot of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean test firmware for Galaxy S3 was leaked and available for download to flash into your Galaxy s3 via Odin. Here another leaked android 4.1.1 OS for Galaxy S3 was leaked, this firmware code version is I9300XXDLH9 for Galaxy S3 GT i9300. Here is the latest leaks Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean firmware for galaxy S3 GT i9300 info:
Base Firmware: I9300XXDLH9 (4.1.1) Region Europe Country: United Kingdom Carrier: Unbranded Build Date: 31 August 2012 Modem: XXLH9 CSC: OXADLH9 Change List: 104023
Please make sure that:
– This Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I9300XXDLH9 is only compatible Galaxy S3 GTi9300 and not is for Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or others.
– Your Galaxy S3 must running Original ROM and not a custom ROM. If your Galaxy S3 is running Custom Rom, download and flash original ROM into your Galaxy S3.
– Create a backup of your phone in clockworkmod recovery to external storage.
– Battery power at least 80% full.
Download I9300XXDLH9 (zip file) then unzip this file to your PC. Now you will get I9300XXDLH9_NO_CSC_NO_MODEM.tar.md5
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.Then turn off your phones.
Step 2: Put your galaxy s3 into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Download Odin and start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
– If ODIN not detect your device, then install drivers here and then put your device into download mode. Odin will detect your device when it says COM5,COM6,etc.
Step 6: Click the PDA button, then select I9300XXDLH9_NO_CSC_NO_MODEM.tar.md5
Step 7: Press “Start”. ODIN will start flash the firmware.
Step 8: After Flash complete, your Galaxy S3 will Boot into Android System Recovery Mode.
Now you need:
(Note: This step will fully delete all your data and installed application in your Galaxy s3. If not perform this step as below, then your Galaxy S3 will stuck on the boot screen)
– Select and choose perform wide data/factory reset.
– Select and choose perform wipe cache partition > yes – delete all user data
– Then choose Reboot Now.
That’s All! Now your Galaxy S3 is running the official leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your samsung galaxy s3 I9300XXDLH9.
In Depth Hands On Of Jelly Bean Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.1.1 Update: