Tutorial for: How To Root Galaxy Note i717 On Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and 4.0.4 ICS on AT&T
[dropcap style=”1″ size=”3″]The[/dropcap] Galaxy Note is arguably one of the best phones of the year. Although, if you really want to take control of it and customize each incremental detail of it, you can do so by rooting the galaxy note i717. This tutorial is only compatible with the North American Galaxy Note i717 and it will show you how to root the galaxy note:
This is only for AT&T(or Bell, Telus, Rogers) Galaxy Note, do not apply on any other phone.
- You will need to have USB drivers from Samsung to do this procedure: Drivers Download
- Root Files to Download: Downloads Here
- Install the USB Drivers
- Extract the Root Files on your computer
- Go to the Odin folder and right click the app and press run as administrator
- Put your Galaxy Note into download mode by holding the volume down, power, and home buttons until you see a Warning!! screen
- Press the volume up to continue
- Open up Odin on your computer and connect your Galaxy Note
- You should see a yellow box when it connects with Added!! in the message feed
- On Odin, select the PDA button and find the odin_ni717_cwm_recovery_b4.tar file and select it
- Press the start button on Odin to start flashing your device
- Once your phone has finished flashing it will restart
- Find the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip file and copy that over to your device (remember where it is)
- Boot into Recovery mode by holding the volume up, home, and power button until you come to the CWM screen
- From here, navigate to Install Zip > Install Zip from Internal SD card > Navigate to where you downloaded the rom file > Select
- Once it has finished installing, reboot and enjoy your rooted Galaxy Note!
Thanks for visiting AndroidCritics and hope “how to root galaxy note i717″ helped you root your phone!